Forum Etiquette & Moderation
This forum is moderated in order to keep the discussion flowing and to remove any offensive material. Comments that do not adhere to the moderation rules will be removed and you will be notified of this by email. This moderation occurs in the discussion forum, the Places (map survey responses), Ideation and Guestbook tool, keeping the site safe and appropriate for all participants. Note that we do not edit your content.
Every comment is valued for its content. This discussion forum allows everyone to have a say and it brings out many different ideas and viewpoints.
A single comment may have as much influence as 100 comments if the idea is a good one.
In order to play a positive part in the discussion and to give your views maximum impact we encourage you to follow the etiquette guide below.
- It's a good idea to read through the information on the site and the other participant's comments before getting involved in the discussion yourself.
- Always respect the views of other participants even if they don't agree with you.
- Be constructive. It's okay to disagree with other forum participants, in fact we encourage debate, just keep the dialogue positive.
- Always keep things civil. We recognize that this can be difficult sometimes, especially when you are passionate about an issue, but it is important to keep the discussion focused on the issues rather than letting it deteriorate into personal insults.
- Once you've left your comment keep an eye on the forum to see what other people have to say.
- If you feel that someone has insulted you, report their comment to the moderator. Don't perpetuate the dispute. The moderator will take a look at the offending comment and decide whether it should be removed.
- Stay on topic. These forums have been created for a specific purpose. Please stay within the boundaries of the subject matter.
- Turn off the "CAPS LOCK". Writing in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of SHOUTING and can cause offense.
- Choose one discussion topic under which you would like to post each of your unique comments. Don't cut and paste the same comment into lots of different discussion topics. These will be considered duplicates and may be removed.
- Don't be a "troll". Trolls intentionally incite annoyance or offense. They do not participate constructively in the discussion and do not add any value to the debate.
- Don't bully, harass or threaten other participants. If another participant proffers an opinion that you don't agree with, you have no right to demand that they support their position with a detailed argument. They do not have to respond to your questions. It is up to each individual to participate in the forum as much or as little as they wish.
- Please respect the moderators. Their job is to keep the forum safe and constructive so that everybody gets to have his or her fair say.
- Try to avoid using acronyms or text talk. By sticking to plain English more people will understand the points you are trying to make.
This site is subject to the following moderation rules:
- Never post personal information about another forum participant. This Includes identifying any individual by their real name if they have not already done so or providing personal contact information.
- Never identify a staff member of the consulting organization by name.
- Don't defame anyone or any organization. In general, a comment is defamatory if it harms, or has the tendency to harm, the reputation of a person or organization. If you wish to accuse someone of committing a crime or being an idiot this is not the place to do it.
- Don't post anything that could be considered hateful or mean-spirited, or intolerant of a person's race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age.
- Don't be obscene and don't use foul language. Lots of people from different backgrounds participate in these forums. We want them to be able to continue to do so from home, work, school, university or wherever they may be. Disguising swear words by deliberately misspelling them doesn't make them any less offensive.
- Don't personally insult or harass other participants or encourage others to do so. Always focus on the logic of the argument rather than the individuals involved in the argument. Users are entitled to choose not to enter into debate with you.
- Don't embed images from external sources and don't post or link to any inappropriate, offensive or illegal material. Inappropriate content is anything that may offend or is not relevant to the discussion.
- Don't post any advertisements, however much you believe in the service or product.
- Don't post in a manner that violates any law, promotes the violation of any law, plagiarizes or violates intellectual property rights.
- Don't masquerade as someone else.
- Don't complain about the moderation on the site, you can always direct an email to us if you are unhappy at email@example.com.
Breaches of the moderation rules will be dealt with as follows:
- Removal of comment - any comment that, in the view of the moderator, breaches the rules will be removed.
- Temporary Suspension - a participant who repeatedly and flagrantly flouts the moderation rules may be suspended from access to the site for period of up to one week determined by the moderators. The period will reflect both the severity and consistency of the breach.
- Permanent Blocking - a participant who continues to violate the moderation rules following reinstatement after a period of suspension may have their access to the site permanently blocked.
- Automatic Blocking - a participant who posts or links to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material will be immediately blocked from the site.
About the Moderators
This discussion forum is moderated exclusively by Bang the Table Pty Ltd or its appointed agents. Bang the Table is a professional service provider that hosts and moderates online discussions.
Removed comments are stored so they can be restored to the site if it is later deemed that a moderator has made an error. Bang the Table does not identify users or provide their email details to its clients. The consultation hub privacy statement states this clearly.